National Resource Directory – is a searchable database of resources vetted for Service members, veterans, family members and caregivers.
PTSD Awareness and Resources
- PTSD Treatment Decision Aid
- PTSD Patients Tool (2017)
- PTSD Family Tool (2017)
- Understanding PTSD and PTSD Treatment
Emotional Health and Other Well-Being Resources
- Coaching Vets into Care – Coaching Into Care is a national telephone service of the VA which aims to educate, support, and empower family members and friends who are seeking care or services for a Veteran. Our goal is to help Veterans, their family members, and other loved ones find the appropriate services at their local VA facilities and/or in their community.
- Anger Management
- Guide to VA Mental Health Services for Veterans & Families
- (AIMS) Anger and Irritability Management Skills (on line course)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Diagnosis and Management (I-Phone / Google Play)
- Veteran Wellness Guide
Sleep and Meditation Resources
- Yoga Nidra & Other Guided Meditation
- iRest™ is a version of an ancient yoga nidra (sleep) meditation developed with a military/veteran population in mind.
- This 8-session series was adapted from an 8-week iRest™ meditation series and recorded live during weekly phone meditation sessions offered by the CA WRIISC. Each recording cycles through the 10-stages of iRest™ while emphasizing a different stage each week in the introduction.
- It may be useful to listen to each introduction at least one time as you begin your meditation practice and then skip to the meditation only as you continue to practice.
- Veteran Training: Path to better sleep
Military Sexual Trauma Resources
- Disability Compensation for Conditions Related to Military Sexual Trauma (MST)
- Help for Veterans Distressed by Recent Events Related to Military Sexual Trauma and Violence Toward People of Color
- Military Sexual Trauma Videos
- VA.gov Mobile App – Beyond MST [myVHWF article on this app]
Parents and Child/Youth Support Resources
- Parenting for Veterans
- Anticipating your Child’s Reaction
- Reestablishing your Parenting Role
- Helping your Child Cope with Difficult Emotions
- (2020) Understanding Child Trauma and Resilience: FOR MILITARY PARENTS AND CAREGIVERS
- Offers military parents and caregivers information about child trauma and resilience. This fact sheet includes information about what traumatic experiences are, how they impact military families, and common reactions children or teens may have.
- It also includes a checklist for parents and caregivers to use to help keep track of behaviors their child or teen may be exhibiting as well as questions to ask providers about treatment services. The fact sheet also includes questions military parents or caregivers may have about supporting their child after a traumatic event and tips for starting discussions with children of different ages.
- (2020) Understanding Child Suicide: FOR MILITARY PARENTS
- Offers military parents information about military youth suicide. This fact sheet includes information about suicide and military youth, how to talk to your child about suicide, warning signs that your child may be experiencing suicidal thoughts and helpful responses by age group, as well as evidence-based treatments for suicidal youth, and how to address your needs as a parent.
- (2020) Understanding Youth Substance Use: FOR MILITARY PARENTS AND CAREGIVERS
- Offers military parents and caregivers information about military youth substance use. This fact sheet includes information about substance use and military youth, how to talk to your child about substance use, monitoring your child and understanding trauma and substance use, as well as resources on how to address your needs as a parent and caregiver.
- The CRD is designed to help empower military caregivers with information about national and local resources and programs specifically for them. Topics include: helplines, advocacy and benefit information, career transitions and employment, military caregiver support, children’s needs, education and training, financial support, rest and relaxation, and others.
- MiliPEER Support Coordinator Regional Map – Peer Support Coordinators (PSCs) provide support to military caregivers and caregiver stakeholders across 10 regions
- Caregiver Support
- Building Better Caregiver Course
Veteran Service-Connected Disability Resources
- Automobile and Special Adaptive Equipment Grants
- C-123 Aircraft and Agent Orange Exposure
- Camp Lejeune Health and Disability Benefits
- Disability Compensation Benefits
- Service-Disabled Veterans Insurance
- “Presumptive” Disability Benefits for Certain Groups of Veterans
Other Informational Resources